Once a new or revised course has been approved by the Curriculum Review Committee (CRC), the course can be submitted for certification in the General Education (GE) program or to fulfill other graduation requirements such as the GWAR, American Institutions or SF State overlays requirements. Courses submitted for baccalaureate requirements outside of the major, minor or GWAR are reviewed and approved by either the Lower Division Certification Committee (LDCC) or Upper Division Certification Committee (UDCC). Courses being considered for the GWAR requirement are submitted to the Committee on Written English Proficiency (CWEP) for approval.
Course Review Committee Calendar
NOTE: The Course Review Committee (CRC) Calendar is intended for college offices only. Each college will have its own calendar in order to meet the administrative deadlines indicated in this course proposal calendar. Faculty should check with their college office for dates concerning the submission of proposals.
Course Review Committee Agenda
Course Review Committee Agendas - Archives
- Archived Agendas from 2015-16
- Archived Agendas from 2014-15
- Archived Agendas from 2013-14 (CRC not active during 2013 - 2014 academic year)
- Archived Agendas from 2012-13
- Archived Agendas from 2011-12
- Archived Agendas from 2010-11
General Education Committee
Online Course Forms
Log in to https://courseproposal.sfsu.edu to:
- Create a new course with the option to request GE certification.
- Revise an existing course with the option to request GE certification. You may also use the revision feature to activate (unbank) or inactivate (bank) a course.
- Request GE certification for an existing course that does not require revision.
Course Revision Forms
- Course Revision Form (general)
- Generic/Topic Course Revision Form
GWAR Course Revision Form
(to change grading option from W to Q only)
Course Proposal Guidelines
NOTE: To satisfy first year composition, courses that used to require a prerequisite of ENG 114 or equivalent should now read "Prerequisite: first year composition."
- Banking of Courses
- Consultation and Appeal Process
- Course Classification System - Classification Descriptions (PDF)
- Course Classification System - Contact Hours Workload (PDF)
- Course Numbering System
- Course Reserve Bank
- Cross Listings of Courses
- Grading Basis
- Grading System Key
- Graduate Paired Courses Policy S16-126
- Review and Approval Process (Department / Program and College Guidelines)
- Sample Course Outline
- Student Learning Outcome Document Links
- Types of Courses - Characteristics and Conditions
- Variable Topics and Experimental Courses Policy S16-273