The Collegiate Learning Assessment (CLA) measures critical thinking, analytic reasoning, problem solving, and written communication skills through tasks which require the student to develop a written response to open-ended questions.
In order to measure value-added to student learning, 100 SF State freshman students are tested in the fall term, and 100 senior level students are tested in the subsequent spring term. After scoring and analysis by the CLA team at the Council for Aid to Education, an institutional report is prepared for SF State with results for the term.
- CLA Frequently Asked Technical Questions 2007-2008 (PDF)
- CLA Technical Appendices report for SF State 2007-2008 (PDF)
- CLA Institutional Report for SF State Fall 2007-2008 (PDF)
- CLA Overview Fall 2010 (PDF)
- CLA Institutional Report for SF State 2010-2011 (PDF)
- CLA Frequently Asked Technical Questions 2010-2011 (PDF)
- CLA Institutional Report for SF State 2011-2012 (PDF)
- CLA Frequently Asked Technical Questions 2011-2012 (PDF)