- APD Home
- Academic Institutional Research
- Curriculum Development
- Academic Planning
- SFState Mission Statement
- SF State Strategic Planning Process
- SF State Strategic Plan 2005-2010
- Goal I - Social Justice
- Goal II - Writing has become a part of WASC Re-accreditation Review
- Goal III - Post Baccalaureate Education
- Goal IV - International Development
- Goal V - Full Participation
- Goal VI - Resource to Community
- Goal VII - Institutional Purpose
- SF State Strategic Assessment
- Assessment Reports of Goals
- Program Review
- Student Success and Graduation Initiative
Council on University Strategic Planning (CUSP II) Assessment Process
The CUSP II assessment process is an extension of the 2001 CUSP II Strategic Plan. The purpose of this process is to assess the progress that has been made in accomplishing the outcomes and strategies of the strategic plan. It involves three levels of review: the Strategic Planning Goals Subcommittees, the Academic Senate, and the President.
Planning Goals Subcommittees
Each of the seven Strategic Planning goals will be assessed by an ad hoc subcommittee. The subcommittees will be formed as the goals come up for review according to the schedule below. It should be emphasized that the purpose of the subcommittees is to evaluate the progress of the goals as stated in the CUSP II strategic plan, not to create or implement outcomes and strategies.
- For each outcome and strategy of the specified goal, identify areas of activity that have been completed or are in progress.
- Determine the extent to which the outcome or strategy has been accomplished.
- Determine the work that remains to accomplish the outcomes and strategies.
- Recommend plans of action for work that remains to be done.
- One administrator
- Three faculty members
- One staff member
Members shall be appointed by the Provost and shall serve for the year in which the goal is under evaluation.
Primary staff support will be provided by the Office of Academic Planning and Development and the Director of the Office of Academic Institutional Research. Staff from other areas on campus (e.g., Human Resources, Business and Finance, Student Affairs, Advancement, and Academic Senate) may be called upon for assistance when issues under discussion are relevant to their areas of responsibility. Staff duties include the following:
- Prepare agendas, minutes and other materials for distribution to the membership
- Prepare, present, and arrange for the presentation of special reports and data as needed
- Coordinate the drafting of materials to be reviewed by the CUSP II Oversight Committee
2005-2006 Organization for the Assessment
2006-2007 I, III, and IV (Begin development of WASC Proposal Spring '07)
2007-2008 Goal II and VI (Goal VI incorporated into WASC themes)
2008-2009 Goal V and VII (WASC Proposal due October '08)
2009-2010 Summary of the CUSP II Cycle (Recommendations for revision of the strategic plan)